Are you a Final year law student or young lawyer of 1 to 4 years post call hoping to render pro-bono legal services to indigent Nigerians or already handling pro bono cases? Then the Virtual Justice Debate is for you.
The debate will be held online and decided by a body of panel of judges. Selected debaters are advised to find a quiet and suitable background before the time of the event.
DEADLINE: Application open through 5th October, 2020
· Final year Law Student, Law School Student or a young lawyer of 1-4 years post-call
· Handling pro-bono cases currently or planning to engage in pro-bono practice upon graduation
· Passionate about security and its effects on children, women, and development in Africa.
· Access to strong internet and a smart a device that is compatible with video meeting applications
· Fair understanding of human rights laws and security challenges.
· Good command of English
TOPIC OF DEBATE
Please be informed that the topic of the debate is “Silencing the guns, creating conducive conditions towards sustainable development in Nigeria” and will hold on the 30 September 2020.
Note: Debaters are advised to read for an in depth understanding of the above topic of the debate HERE
STAGES OF THE COMPETITION:
Stage one: Call for Application (Applicants submit Application)- 17th September – 5th October, 2020
Stage two: Selection of successful applications/Notification of successful Applicants(Applications are evaluated and debaters emerge)- 11th to 15th October 2020
Stage three: Debate(Debaters make their submission before a panel of Judges and audience and winners emerge) : 28th October, 2020
Stage Four: Mentorship/ Trainings : from 28th October through 2021
1) Opportunity to compete and win data for research
2) Opportunity to join an enlarging cohort of justice advocates
3) Opportunity to benefit from periodic mentorship in the legal profession
4) Opportunity to benefit from tips on prestigious scholarships and fellowships
Click Here To apply.
For enquiries: email@example.com, 08127438888