The Igbomina/Ekiti Kwara youth has called on the Presidential Aide and illustrious son of the State, Charles Ofemi Folayan to run for the House of Representative come to 2019 elections.
This call was made in a communique released at the end of the recent IGBOMINA/EKITI KWARA YOUTH ECONOMIC SUMMIT held in Omu-Aran, in Kwara state.
Read the full statement in the communique below:
COMMUNIQUÉ DRAFTED AT THE END OF THE IGBOMINA/EKITI KWARA YOUTH ECONOMIC SUMMIT HELD ON THE 2ND AUGUST 2018 AT OMU-ARAN KWARA STATE.
We the coalition of youth groups from the 42 wards of Irepodun, Isin, Ekiti and Oke-Ero Local Government Area of Kwara State under the agis of Asoju Odo Igbomina and Ekiti Parapo, thank almighty God for given us the opportunity to witness today.
We also appreciate all illustrious sons and daughters of Igbomina and Ekiti Land in Kwara State who has continue to
contribute to the development of of our land (Chief C O Adebayo, Chief Samuel Adedoyin, Alh. Abdulraheem Oladimeji, Admiral Afolayan, Alh. Lai Mohammed, Dr. Mike Omotosho, Amb. Olutola Onijala, Bishop David Oyedepo, Col. David Bamigboye rtrd. And every other persons we cannot mention here.
We use this opportunity to call on every Stakeholders in Igbomina and Ekiti Land to give urgent attention to the development of the region especially effort that will lead to the development of human and natural resources in the region.
We have resolved to put more effort in development the skills of the youth in the region to prevent them to be used as political thugs by politicians from the zones and other zones in the State, to further prevent the recent incident that happened to our youth in Oro Irepodun LGA of Kwara State.
We have resolved to intensify effort in
sensitizing our people most especially the youth to participate fully and positively in the democratic process that will usher in good leadership that will pay attention to human and natural resources development.
We have also resolved to put forward one of us Charles Olufemi Folayan, the Technical Assistant to President Mohammadu Buhari’s Aide on Youth and Student Affairs to contest for the House of Representatives (Irepodun/Isin/Ekiti/Oke-Ero Federal Constituency) in 2019, because of the following reasons;
1. He is well educated and the most qualified at this period that the constituency deserved a vibrant, intelligent and bold representative and not a stooge of any individual.
2. He is much experienced, haven served as a legislative aide in the National Assembly between 2011 – 2015 and now presidential aide with tangible results.
3. He hails from Ekan-Meje, in Oke-Ero Local Government Area where the House of Representatives seat should rotate to in 2019
4. He has been a strong voice of the people and has continue to stand for the people of the region and the State at large against the maltreatment and injustice melted on the people by the Saraki dynasty over the year
5. He has constant carried out mentorship, reorientation and educating program, and facilitated employment opportunities for some youth through his previous and current offices.
6. He is a grassroots politician who grew up in the constituency and understood the challenges faced by the people on daily basis
7. He is a youth leader with wide knowledge of youth development and will represent the interest of the youth meaningfully in Governance.
We hereby call on all members of our constituency to join hands with us to enthrone Charles Olufemi Folayan for a better representation at the lower chamber of the National Assembly.
We have resolved to mobilize the youth, women and entire constituents for his election into the National Assembly come 2019.
We call on the youth to embrace Skills acquisition and entrepreneurship development as an alternative to Government job that is not sufficient at the moment.
We also call on our leaders to work together, build unity and common purpose for the development of Igbomina and Ekiti Land
Signed by: Delegates from the 42 Wards of Irepodun/Isin/Ekiti/Oke-Ero