ORGANISATION: Medicaid Cancer Foundation (MCF)
JOB TITLE: Communications Officer REPORTS TO:Project Manager MCF
Medicaid Cancer Foundation (MCF) supports cancer patients, promote cancer awareness and drive community cancer campaigns for undeserved populace in Nigeria, providing support to guide people through the cancer experience, bring them together to fight cancer – and work for a world in which our fight is no longer necessary.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Contribute to developing an advocacy and communication strategy by coordinating appropriate audience research (new and traditional media) and compiling and analysing relevant data.
- Produce advocacy and communication materials (e.g. Graphics, Web Pages, Briefing Notes, Images, Video, etc.) that meet MCF and global standards.
- Assist in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human-interest stories and other advocacy/information materials for both web-based and traditional media, as appropriate.
- Establish or maintain an up-to-date documentation centre/repository for communication materials including publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media channels and materials.
- Maintain and update an online media relations contact list/database. Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media.
QUALIFICATION: COMPULSORY SKILL REQUIREMENT:
The position requires a graduate with experience working in the development sector related to the role. Applicant MUST possess working skills in either Graphic Design or Web Development/Management. Please if you do not posses any of the two, DO NOT APPLY!!!
Other requirements include:
- Applicants must have a University degree.
- A University degree in any of the following related field: Mass Communication, Journalism, Computer sciences, Social Sciences, etc, and a master’s degree in communication arts will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in similar position on projects focusing on Cancer and Cancer Care is desirable.
- Publishing skills and website management strongly required.
MODE OF APPLICATION: Send an email STRICTLY in the following format:
- Email subject to read only: MCF/COMMS/0916. Very Important!!!
- Content of the mail should be CV as an attachment, and links to your best jobs ONLY.
- Any entry not meeting these requirements SHALL NOT be considered. Emails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
16th August, 2016.