Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Wholesale Development Manager – Northern
Type of Job: Full Time – Exempt
External Job Description Level: L6 (M3)
Reports To: Area Sales Manager
- Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB).
- A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity
- This role is based in Northeast Nigeria.
Purpose of Role
- To support GNPLC’s business and commercial objectives through building amazing relationships and the effective management of Wholesalers by overseeing end to end all sales drivers activations, with a focus on growing wholesaler capability.
- Achieve profitable volume targets (shipment and depletion) for wholesaler(s) by driving sales to wholesalers and also ensuring sales out of the wholesalers.
- Build profitable relationships with key wholesalers and ensuring they are strongly connected with Guinness Nigeria
- Brilliant execution of all the Sales drivers with all wholesalers
- Provide adequate training for warehouse management and basic stock management principles – Achieve distribution targets and manage Recommended Price Compliance in wholesalers, Wholesale loyalty program outcomes fully delivered.
- Ensures regular monthly full business reviews with all wholesalers with an effective wholesaler business review -Sales performances, Competitive activity.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate with minimum of 2 years commercial expertise gained across Sales, Consumer Marketing or Sales Management. Previous experience in a direct customer facing role is also valuable.
- Good commercial understanding- P&L literacy and strong numerical skills are required.
- Candidate must have good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal. Suitable candidate must also be fluent in Hausa
- Good interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be healthy and physically fit.
- Must be an experienced driver with valid license
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Inability to spend essential time in the Field with customers and consumers and working in a highly competitive environment.
- Unwillingness to flex schedule to align with business hours of retailers and distributors.
- Limited knowledge of the Northeast region
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online