Thirty-five (35) fellowships of six (6) months duration starting on 1st October 2016 will be awarded to undertake an individual research programme in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering. With a view to promoting human resource capacities in the developing countries and to enhancing international understanding and friendship among nations and the people of Poland, the Polish National Commission for UNESCO and the UNESCO Chair for Science, Technology and Engineering at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow are placing at the disposal of UNESCO to award these fellowships.
- Free tuition and access to the university facilities based on the local regulations. Accommodation at the AGH UST Student Campus organised for fellows by the UNESCO AGH Chair.
- Monthly allowance of 1350 PLN (1 USD = approximately 3.9 PLN) corresponding to the salary of a local junior research fellow. Thus, all living expenses and accommodation in Poland are to be borne by the fellow with this allowance; and;
- A one especial allowance of 1350 PLN to be paid upon arrival in Poland, this sum will cover different activities related to your stay in Krakow, such as an obligatory medical check-up upon arrival (in accordance with the internal regulations for all students); cultural, historical and/or touristic visits, conferences, workshops, and seminars related to your studies.
- At the end of the research studies, the beneficiaries will receive a certificate attesting to their attendance at the host institution, this certificate will be given after receipt of the requested reports and financial clearance from the Institution.
- International travel expenses: (by the most direct, economical route) from the beneficiary’s country to and from Poland will be covered by UNESCO under its Regular Programme Budget.
- Health insurance for fellowship beneficiaries who are declared medically fit: UNESCO fellowship holders may be covered by a health insurance policy, taken-out by the Organization for the duration of fellowship. The costs of this health insurance is subscribed to and covered by UNESCO on behalf of awarded fellows.
- It is the National authority’s responsibility to ensure that all candidates are duly informed of the above-mentioned conditions prior to the submission of applications.
- Files which are incomplete or which are received after the deadline as well as candidatures that do not fulfil the requirements will not be taken into consideration.
- Only the selected candidates will receive a letter through their respective National Commissions for UNESCO.
- All application should be endorsed by the National Commission from the country of the candidate.
- All correspondence should be in English.
Deadline: April 30, 2016
To apply and for more information visit here.