Mercy Corps has been present in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on women’s empowerment, economic development and conflict mitigation. With the insurgency spilling over from the north east of Nigeria and causing displacement of over a million individual, Mercy Corps is addressing the rising humanitarian needs among displaced households and vulnerable host communities through program interventions in the Northeast. With current funding from OFDA, FFP, CERF and ECHO and ongoing opportunities from other donors, all Mercy Corps interventions in the Northeast are implemented with plans for scale-up.
We are looking for a motivated individual, who is enthusiastic about the work we do and is looking to work within a dynamic team:
Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, and the FCT, Abuja
The Educating Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises (ENGINE) program is a 3 year project that seeks to improve the lives of marginalised adolescent girls aged 16-19 in Nigeria. The project is being implemented in Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, and the FCT. About 18,000 adolescent girls who are either enrolled in school or are currently out of school are the target beneficiary of the program.
The ENGINE Intern will provide assistance for implementation of ENGINE Monitoring & Evaluation strategy. Specially, s/he will support the MEL team in the management of project management information system, SMS aggregator and other data management platforms. This will include engagement and supervision of data entry clerks, support data upload and performance monthly data analysis with respect to project Log frame.
General Position Summary
- The Intern will support the implementation of activities that transition girls in school or in informal education into economic activities. This position will ensure ENGINE implementation is responsive to marginalized Nigerian girls, their communities, state and non-state secondary schools, and other skill-based centers.
Required Skills and Experience
Ideal Candidates Should Possess the Following Qualifications:
- The intern should have a Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or relevant field, with a strong foundation in database management and research methods.
- Minimum 1-3 years of work experience in the area of qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies, database management and report writing.
- Knowledge of program development, implementation, evaluation, and reporting and fluency in written and verbal English required.
- The intern will have opportunity to acquire and/or improved on the following skills within the one year of internship working with M&E unit of the ENGINE project: Statistical data analysis and data presentation, use of SPSS and Excel for data entry and analysis, development and use of data collection tools, data validation and data quality assessment, monitoring, evaluation and Report writing, team work and interpersonal communication.
- The intern will be responsible for monthly data upload on ENGINE MIS and Excel data platforms, monthly report/feedback on data completeness and analysis of data and presentation based on project indicators.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: recruitment.nigeria@ng.
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.