HelloPay – Founded in 2015, helloPay is a revolutionary online payments platform that provides a safe, secure, and simple way for consumers to pay for their goods online. Currently serving Jumia, the largest e-commerce mall in Africa, helloPay has plans to expand rapidly throughout Nigeria and even further afield.
helloPay is part of Africa Internet Group, a leading global incubator of e-commerce startups with more than 3,000 employees in over 20 African countries. Among Africa Internet Group’s companies are huge successes such as Jumia.com, Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com. It is staffed by world-class leaders who bring a mix of local and international talent and is backed by MTN, Millicom and Rocket Internet.
We are looking for an experienced and talented candidates who is ready to join our vibrant and fast-growing team of professionals:
Job Title: Payment Fraud Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to the helloPay Chief Product Officer, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Proactively identify fraud trends that may impact business goals and targets.
- Research internal and external data to identify risky behaviours and create strategies to minimize fraud.
- Optimise systems to achieve optimal acceptance rate while keeping fraud loss to a minimum.
- Develop and maintain machine learning models to detect fraud.
- Act as fraud subject matter expert towards other departments such as marketing and product development.
- Ensure operational processes are adequate, documented and enforced (e.g. fraud monitoring, dispute management, KYC, charge backs and protection policies).
- Conduct or coordinate investigations on suspected fraudulent activities and provide recommendations to management and/or respective law enforcement agencies.
- Report periodically to management in a clear and concise manner.
- Ensure necessary records and databases are maintained for regulatory, research and reporting purposes.
- Liaise with a sister team in Southeast Asia on best practices and fraud issues.
In order to succeed in the role, you should ideally possess the following skills:
- Significant knowledge and experience in e-commerce fraud, credit card fraud, account take-over.
- Proficiency in fraud detection technologies and tools (e.g. scoring mechanisms, rules engines).
- Advanced data mining knowledge and usage of tools (e.g. SQL, R, SAS, Excel).
- Proficiency in machine learning algorithms and technologies.
- Strong analytical acumen, comfortable gathering data from various sources, generating and evaluating insights.
- Knowledge of KYC processes and credit risks associated with merchant acquisition is a plus.
- Problem-solving, positive and constructive attitude is a must.
- Comfort in dealing with uncertainty and operating in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowledge of banking and credit card regulations is a plus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online