IIM Africa urgently in need of a professional to fill the below position.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Vacancy Deadline: 15/01/2018
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
• Handle administrative requests and queries from employees, managers, members and public
• Organizing and scheduling appointments
• Planning meetings and taking detailed minutes
Administrative Assistant Job Description
We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our institute’s general administrative activities.
Administrative Assistant Tasks
Administrative Assistant responsibilities include making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel and office equipment. If you also have previous experience as a Secretary or Executive administrative assistant and familiarity within our industry, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, a successful Admin Assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office.
• Answer and direct phone calls
• Organize and schedule appointments
• Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
• Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters and forms
• Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
• Develop and maintain a filing system
• Update and maintain office policies and procedures
• Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
• Maintain contact lists
• Book travel arrangements
• Submit and reconcile expense reports
• Provide general support to visitors
• Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
• Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
• Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and scanners
• Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
• Social Media skills (Whatsapp, Facebook, LinkedIn , Twitter etc)
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• HND/BSc in relevant disciplines; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
• 3 years of relevant work experience
Interested applicant should send cover note and updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org before deadline.